[vlc-devel] configure error

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Thu Nov 17 09:08:10 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 13:51 +0900, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to compile the very latest git of vlc.
> I got an error when running ./configure script;
>
> [...]
> configure: WARNING: liveMedia is missing or its installed version is too old:
> Version 2010.05.29 or later is required to proceed.
> You can get an updated one from http://www.live555.com/liveMedia .
> configure: error: Update live555 or pass --disable-live555 to disable RTSP input support.
>
> But I've installed the live, version  2011.11.08.
>
> Any idea?

Ran into the same issues lately. The 'issue' is that so far, we could
specify --with-live555-tree=/path/to/live555.

The new configure check expects all the folders in /usr/include and does
not cater anymore for the mess it creates... So: either a bug in
configure (no, I won't patch it) or you have to change the installation
of live555 in your system, to get the various folders directly
beneath /usr/include and the static libs in /usr/lib|/usr/lib64.

Dominique