[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure.ac: fix use of *FLAGS_save and VLC_{SAVE, RESTORE}_FLAGS

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:28:48 CET 2011

Hello,

On 19.11.2011, at 12:46, Rafaël Carré wrote:

> vlc | branch: master | Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> | Sat Nov 19 06:41:57 2011 -0500| [49125107995744edb8ca6b6fa154f69c68e28262] | committer: Rafaël Carré
>
> configure.ac: fix use of *FLAGS_save and VLC_{SAVE,RESTORE}_FLAGS
>
> Other changes:
> - remove -O4 optimization, undocumented for gcc

Could you retain this in future optimizations of this commit, please? -O4 is supported in clang / LLVM-based compilers and leads to noticeable speed increases while taking the same compilation time as gcc with -O3. Therefore, it definitely makes sense to keep it in VLC's configure since I intend to use clang for the compilation of production releases of VLC (64bit, 10.6 & later).

Best regards,

Felix