[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] contrib: OSX use shared libraries

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 21 22:30:29 CET 2011

On 21.11.2011, at 22:19, Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> wrote:

> Le Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:12:20 +0100,
> "Felix Paul Kühne" <fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com> a écrit :
>
>> So, please revert.
>
> It breaks libdvdcss, fixes SDL, but i reverted the commit anyway

Thanks!

While libdvdcss is probably supposed to compile flawlessly as a static library, we will probably want to include that very library as a shared one. There are a few reasons why we don't want to link to it statically, which other people could explain way better than me. Additionally, we don't want to break our embedded support for Handbrake, do we?
I should have been a bit more verbose about this. Sorry about that.

Best regards,
Felix