[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] contrib: fix regex target

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Mon Nov 28 23:24:20 CET 2011

Le Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:26:02 +0200,
"Rémi Denis-Courmont" <remi at remlab.net> a écrit :

> Le lundi 28 novembre 2011 21:15:45 Rafaël Carré, vous avez écrit :
> > Le Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:48:50 +0200,
> >
> > Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> a écrit :

I hope you didn't like my mail and you felt insulted, because that's
often how I feel myself when dealing with you (not always though).

I copy pasted your exact words because I imagined you were feeling the
same thing that other devs feel (like me) when you revert their work
without discussing.

This is IRC log moments before I push this commit.

03:03 < funman> aah but we have a regexp lib
03:04 < funman> looks like courmisch 'fix' broke the build instead
03:07 < funman> i am tempted to revert it like an asshole
03:08 < domme> i hate my commits being reverted :)
03:15 < funman> yes that's the reasonin :)
03:16 < funman> ich wolle bin ein arschloch

Instead of taking the harsh revert route I worked on a fix.

And no the intent was not to break Linux build at all (you know I use
VLC only on Linux, right?).
I did not test it on Linux; I knew buildbot or someone else would
complain if it's a problem.

Rémi, you are mean to other devs, and also VLC users (e.g. on the
forum).
Realize it and act in consequence.

--
Rafaël Carré