[vlc-devel] [Patches] Dash: mostly cosmetics

Tobias Güntner fatbull at web.de
Tue Nov 29 07:02:13 CET 2011

Am 28.11.2011 15:12, schrieb Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen:
> I agree, but my plan was to remove all the exception, and therefore
> the exceptions specifications.

If you are going to remove *all* exceptions, you cannot use "new" or STL
containers any more because those things can throw exceptions. You would
have to rewrite almost everything. Is this really what you want?

Probably not. You cannot ignore exceptions either, because unhandled
exceptions will terminate() the program. So you *have* to catch them.
And since you have to pay for exception handling anyway, you might as
well use it.

Regards,
Tobias