[vlc-devel] [Patch] Adding an helper to convert iso8601 durations to seconds

Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:05:49 CET 2011

Hi,

In the dash plugin, in order to handle durations, we need to convert a
value encoded as ISO 8601 [1] to something more appropriate.
I don't handle months/years, as it doesn't make much sense when
converting to seconds.
Right now, only the dash plugin would use this, but since it may be
used somewhere else at a point, I chose to put it in libvlccore. I
have no objections moving this to the dash plugin instead.

I'm waiting for you reviews!

Best regards,

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Durations

--