[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Contribs: fix fluid compilation on Win32

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Nov 30 12:02:23 CET 2011

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:49:35 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:55:49PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
>> Le Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:59:47 +0700,
>> Sergey Radionov <rsatom at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> > Is it will be added to vlc-1.2.git ?
>>
>> Usually the contrib are only updated in master.
>
> Should we discuss this policy or should we stay like this?

Contrib fixes should be backported to stable. And then VLC releases and
nightlies should be built against their own built-in contrib so that they
can be reproduced more reliably for bug tracking and bug fixing.
New features (new packages) are not needed in stable.

When porting VLC, it would be nice to be able to use stable releases. But
in practice, changes to the core and plugins are often needed, not only to
contrib, so it becomes impossible anyway.

http://www.remlab.net/