[vlc-devel] Streaming H.264 to MKV bug

Juan Francisco Padilla Franco alabastern at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 04:08:08 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

I want to report a bug, not sure if this is the correct way to do it, but
anyway let me know.

I'm using VLC 1.1.11 under Windows 7 x64, when I try to save an RTSP stream
of H.264 to a MKV container using the "Keep Original Video Track" the Codec
Detail as shown by VLC is "H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)", VLC crash
right after presing the Start button or it seems to be working but the file
size does not change and when I press the Stop button VLC crashes.

I can provide with more information or files to recreate the bug.

Thanks in advance,
Francisco Padilla.