[vlc-devel] httplive bug fixes

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:59:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Sergio M. Ammirata, Ph.D.
> <sergio at ammirata.net> wrote:
>>  Here is a modified patch without the streamindex parameter.
>
> Thanks, I will have a look at this.

I had a closer look at your patch and concluded that it is not
correct. You have found several issues which needs correcting, but not
in the way your patch does.

For instance:
- reloading the HLS playlist is only done for live streams not for VOD
streams. Your patch assumes it does that for VOD streams too. This
assumption is wrong.
- line 1055: vlc_UrlParse(&segment->url, p->url.psz_path, 0); is not
correct. It should parse the entire url not only the psz_path part.
The original line is wrong too.
  A new URL should be constructed with psz_url = ConstructUrl(&p->url);

Kind Regards,

Jean-Paul Saman