[vlc-devel] vlc_loaddir always falis on Mac OSX

Naohiro KORIYAMA nkoriyama at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:28:07 CEST 2011

Lua support is completely not working on VLC 1.2.0-git for Mac OS X.

Because vlc_loaddir always fails.
vlc_loaddir calls vlc_readdir for getting files in the directory.
In vlc_readdir, if there is no more files, fpathconf returns -1, but
NAME_MAX is not defined at limits.h on Mac OS X, and ENOMEM is set to
errno.
When vlc_readdir returns NULL, if some value is set to errno,
vlc_loaddir returns -1.
So, vlc_loaddir always returns -1, and no lua scripts are found and processed.

Skipping the test of errno, lua scripts will run. On my test build, I
can play youtube video with youtube.lua.

I cannot decide how to modify, so I only report this issue.

Best regards,

--
KORIYAMA, Naohiro
nkoriyama at gmail.com