[vlc-devel] Dash Access Plugin status ?

Christopher Müller christopher.mueller at itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Fri Oct 14 13:17:33 CEST 2011

> bounces at videolan.org] Im Auftrag von Frederic YHUEL
> Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Oktober 2011 01:01
> An: Mailing list for VLC media player developers
> Betreff: Re: [vlc-devel] Dash Access Plugin status ?
>

> > By the way is there now anything to do or will it get merged as it
> is?
> >
> > BR
> > Chris
> >

> Maybe you could provide means to test it?

You can use different MPDs with Representations that have the same
resolution and different bitrate. That’s it this is DASH at its basic form.

> BTW I tested it with your new datasets but it doesn't work well, I get
> errors like that (with
> http://www-itec.uni-
> klu.ac.at/ftp/datasets/mmsys12/BigBuckBunny/MPDs/BigBuckBunny_10s_DASH_
> VLC_Compatible_withoutBaseURL.mpd)
> :
>
> [0xa6e9b70] freetype spu text error: Breaking unbreakable line
> [0xa6e9b70] freetype spu text error: Breaking unbreakable line
> left block unavailable for requested intra mode at 0 1
> error while decoding MB 0 1
> left block unavailable for requested intra mode at 0 9
> error while decoding MB 0 9
> mb_type 27 in P slice too large at 19 3
> error while decoding MB 19 3
> negative number of zero coeffs at 19 3
> error while decoding MB 19 3
> negative number of zero coeffs at 16 3
> error while decoding MB 16 3
> ref 6 overflow
> error while decoding MB 11 6
> ref 5 overflow

You get this errors because this is a MPD with Representations that have
different Resolutions this is currently not support by the VLC plugin. As I
have explained you in the other threads if you change the Resolution you
have to resend the sps/pps in a consequence the init segment.

> And with previous dataset (mtbike) the audio part doesn't play well.
>
> Of course I suppose this is not the DASH module itself which is doing
> wrong, but the way datasets have been generated. Or maybe I did
> something wrong?

This are problems of the demux and I would not take care of this yet.

BR
Chris