[vlc-devel] Android: Does VLC work on Android for the latest version?

Bin Zhao billinfin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 08:49:26 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Anybody got VLC playback on Android working for recent code from
git://git.videolan.org/vlc-ports/android.git ?

I just fetched a version from there. Compilation was fine, and
installation to my Nexus S was successful. But when it runs only blank
screen shown. when I touch screen the overlay of control appears but
the "Play" does not work. I tried several .mp4 clips with AVC video
and AAC audio which VLC should have supported.

Has anybody experienced this, and any idea what has gone wrong or some
patch missing?

Many thanks!
Bin