[vlc-devel] Factor HTTP/HTTPS/RTSP port in core

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 17 04:33:23 CEST 2011

> HTTP is consistent with file as far as both of them now expect a file
> path relative to the host (implicitly the local file system for file).

As far as I understand, the file sout expects, on a utf-8 system at
least, a file path encoded in utf-8. As for the http sout, I fail to see
any code dealing with URL encoding, so I assume that to get correct
results you're supposed to pass a URL-encoded path? This is confusing to
me. Does this mean that passing an MRL to --sout is kind of broken too?

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."