[vlc-devel] State of LGPL relicensing

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Oct 18 17:13:40 CEST 2011

Hello,

Just a short update so people don't wonder too much.

There are more or less 180 people to see for the LGPL for the
libvlc+libvlcore+VLCKit.

The very large majority of people have said yes, by mail, in public or
by the license website.

The annoying missing bits are:
 - JLJ, as expected. I should see him next week, in SF.
 - walken... no comment. I'll try to kick Chris to kick him.
 - Ken Self, from the BDA module that changed some GUID in the includes.
   no answer from anywhere...

There are 2 other people who didn't answer, but whose contributions are
very minimal/trivial:
 ce127fd52174cc0bae0a0a890374f43e301a458a
 3a101f3a6acb6355f280176aa74b5d437c013876

I am checking with lawyers on what to do with those. And trying to
contact them both.

And finally, someone did a couple of recent commits and is checking with
his company for relicensing, but I have very good hope on that part.

Best,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734