[vlc-devel] Time Slider Handle design

Ludovic Fauvet etix at videolan.org
Sat Oct 29 16:41:31 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Francois Cartegnie <fcvlcdev at free.fr> wrote:
> Is there some screen-shots of the new time slider handle as it should
> appear ?

This is how it looks like on Linux/KDE where I designed it.
http://i.imgur.com/PlyCc.png

> On my side it's rendered as grey on grey :/ I doubt that's correct.

Yeah, I know it looks weird on some platforms (mostly Windows).
The point is, I didn't want to hard-code the colors so I tried many
combinations using the theme's palette but without success: If it
looks cool on one platform then it's horrible on another one.

Sadly if we can't tune it before the next major release I guess we'll
have no choice but to hard-code the values...

--
Ludovic Fauvet