[vlc-devel] Thumbnail Toolbar is not displayed when switching vlc to "always on top" mode

Abhay Gupta abhayg271 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 23:01:18 CEST 2011

The Thumbnail toolbar disappears when vlc player is switched to always on
top mode,
the toolbar does not reappear even when the player is switched back to
normal mode
(not "always on top"), the toolbar does not reappear until the player is
restarted.

>From the source code i figured appropriate changes need to be made in the
following lines
of code in "modules\gui\qt4\main_interface_win32.cpp" file:

bool MainInterface::winEvent ( MSG * msg, long * result )
{
    if (msg->message == taskbar_wmsg)
    {
        //We received the "taskbarbuttoncreated" message, now we can really
create the buttons
        createTaskBarButtons();
    }

other messages when the vlc player switches between different modes("always
on top")
 need to be added in the if condition.

--
Abhay Gupta