[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Simplify V4L2 configure checks

Alexis Ballier aballier at gentoo.org
Tue Sep 6 16:58:49 CEST 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 00:14:00 +0300
"Rémi Denis-Courmont" <remi at remlab.net> wrote:

> There is no point for v4l2 which depends on nothing other than libc
> headers.

libv4l was not in the libc and was a little bit more than a header last
time i checked

> If you want to argue about v4l2, then why do you not argue
> about every other plug-in that is always enabled?

I could, but in these cases it's probably a bigger change than
replacing a PKG_CHECK_MODULES by a PKG_WITH_MODULES...

> > they allow to forcefully disable {lib,}v4l2 support even if I have
> > libv4l installed, or the v4l headers,
>
> You could do it. So what? If you don't want v4l2, don't install the
> plug-in, just like you have to do with the gazillions other
> automatically plug-ins.
>
> And by the way, when FB and DVB went fully automatic nobody
> complained.

Because of the "it needs nothing more than the libc" argument I suppose;
I dont see where you're going.

[...]

A.