[vlc-devel] [VLC] #5312: Have a real MRL/URI routing

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Sep 8 06:33:26 CEST 2011

   Hello,

On Thursday 08 September 2011, VLC wrote:
> #5312: Have a real MRL/URI routing
> --------------------------+---------------------------------
>    Reporter:  fcartegnie  |        Owner:  courmisch
>        Type:  defect      |       Status:  closed
> Platform(s):  all         |  Work status:  Not started
> --------------------------+---------------------------------
>
> Comment (by fcartegnie):
>
>  This is not about "parsing" but also "building".
>  If you're used to MVC routers, you know what I mean.
>
>  How many places have code to rebuild media URI ?

We have one function to convert URI to paths and one function to convert
paths to URIs. We also have helpers to split "standard" (HTTP-like) URIs into
components.

Of course, for some other URI schemes, the interpretation and encoding may be
different. There is no way to fully unify the system.

>  Would be easier if each module was able to build it's own part of the uri.

So first you complain that there are too many places and in the next sentence
you complain that there are too few?! Did you actually read the VLC source
code?

Get real. This bug makes absolutely no sense. It is all pure vague software
architect talk with no meaning to real code.

N.B.: Trac won't let me log in ("Environment not found") anymore.

http://www.remlab.info