[vlc-devel] [BUG] VLC can't play mpegts file with PCR pid = 0x1fff

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Sun Sep 11 17:43:05 CEST 2011

On 9/11/11 2:19 PM, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Georgi Chorbadzhiyski<gf at unixsol.org>  writes:
>
>> I have a small mpegts file [1] (about 140k) that VLC can not
>> play. mplayer, avplay, xine are playing it just fine. I think the
>> problem is that this stream has PCR_PID set to 0x1fff (null pid). This
>> is maybe strange but the stream is captured from satellite and it
>> seems to be working on all kinds of STBs (and software players as
>> mentioned above).
>
> This is only allowed if the program contains only private streams.  Your
> satellite is faulty.

Of course it is and I'm not claiming anything else :) I have solved
my problem with this radio (official distribution point, wtf...) by
remuxing it with libav before transcoding it with VLC a long time ago,
but since mplayer, xine and libav were fine, I thought that VLC devs
would be interested in this strange case. Anyway I'll look into VLC
code and try to find more direct workaround than remuxing the stream
first.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/