[vlc-devel] [Patch] fix enqueue button in web interface

Rob rob at hobbyistsoftware.com
Mon Sep 19 17:06:14 CEST 2011

> Le lundi 19 septembre 2011, Rob a écrit :
>> I don't know why - but
>> localhost:8080/command=in_enqueue&input=file:///1/2/3  does not work
>> localhost:8080/command=in_enqueue&input=file://%2f1%2f2%2f3 does work
>
> And both are wrong according to RFC 1738 (see BNF, sec 5) as you're
> declaring
> another "hsegment".

VLC implements an http interface.
it also includes a client to that interface which I'm calling the web
client.

at the moment, the client doesn't work.

1) change the interface so that it accepts correct file URLs.
sounds good, and if someone does the work I'm happy to update the web
client to use the new interface, and I'll also update my own remote apps
disadvantage: breaks compatibility with existing clients of the http
interface

2) change the web client to do the same odd contortions as other clients
(accept the http interface as it is and has been for ages)
advantage: works
disadvantage: ugly

3) leave the web client as it is
advantage: no ugly code
disadvantage: web client won't work

I'm happy with either of these option, but I'm only able to do the work
(or non work) for 2 or 3.

Rob