[vlc-devel] [IMP] Core Feature Freeze for 1.2

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Sep 20 17:34:13 CEST 2011

Hello fellow developers,

You should consider that VLC 1.2 is in now feature freeze for vlc core and
core modules.

Therefore, you should not commit important changes into libvlccore headers
include/, src/, and core modules (like file access or avi demuxer).

Modules, libVLC and UI are not frozen yet (yes, we need mkv chapters and TS
GET_TIME)
New modules are still accepted (yes, we want DASH).
However, time is getting short; please react soon.

Topic that are already under discussion are also an exception.

Of course, as we are not stupid, exceptions can be made, if it make
sense.

Please, note that developers that have not answered to the LGPL question
will have their git commit access blocked in the next few days, until they
answer the question (OK or not-OK will unblock the access).
This is necessary so we don't chase an always-moving target of people :D

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734