[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_list_player_t: delay on switch to next playlist item

Michael Taubert tm at salestv.de
Fri Sep 23 13:23:13 CEST 2011

Hi!

I've got the problem that, using libvlc_media_list_player_t, each time
the playback stops for a short time when it switches to the next item.
The 'break' is like 0.3secs long, or so.

I've read that it happens because libvlc re-initializes the decoder for
each item and that the delay might not happen with 1.2.0.

So I've downloaded 1.2.0, but the delay still happen.

I wouldn't mind such a delay when it comes to loop a playlist, but all
movies in my test-playlist got the same codec, container and dimensions.
So there isn't really a need to re-initialize anything.

Using vlc you can use an option like 'sout #gather:std' or something
like that. At least, I've read about it when you stream a playlist.
But in libvlc you can set option only on a per movie basis (AFAIK). I've
tried it anyway, but without success.

Any ideas on how get a smooth continueous playback?

Kind regards,
Michael