[vlc-devel] How to modify video output?

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 08:57:10 CEST 2011

Folks,

After implementing a stream_filter module, I have become a bit comfortable with vlc development environment.

Now, I have a new task. At a specific time during an mp4 media is being played, I need to draw a thumbnail image at a certain location over the underlying video image. The image should disappear after a few seconds.

I am wondering what type of module do I need to develop.

I guess the concept is similar to displaying subtitles. Which module displays subtitles? Perhaps I can look at this module as an example.

Any other pointer is appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter