[vlc-devel] Video4Linux spat

Sergio M. Ammirata, Ph.D. sergio at ammirata.net
Sat Apr 7 14:36:34 CEST 2012

Here is my proposed solution to this issue:

Add a new configure option called v4l2-use-kernel-3.x-api

In the code, use #ifdef blocks and enable all the new features only when
this configure flag is set. Make the code default to the old API by
default.

If enums need additional members and a simple #ifdef does not work
properly, then create the complete enum inside each #ifdef/#else section
respectively even if there is a bit of code duplication.

Sergio