[vlc-devel] How to tell vlc core the current display size in vout module?

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:16:01 CEST 2012

Hello again,

Currently, the zoom functionality is not really working in macosx vout (see my comment in #5997).
Therefore, I tried to fix that and changed the code to

vout_display_PlacePicture (&place, source, cfg, false);
glViewport (place.x, place.y, place.width, place.height);

for every zoom / crop / ar event and

vout_display_PlacePicture (&place, &vd->source, vd->cfg, false);
glViewport (place.x, place.y, place.width, place.height);

for every window resize (method reshape).

Now the problem is that the picture is always aligned in the lower left corner when in fullscreen, because cfg->display.* is not updated and always on the standard / initial value.
I thought that vout_display_SendEventDisplaySize (...) would update these values but this does not really work, even not after felix latest vout commit (4a10b45f3147f524ce09bff7b939d09a3f59f108).

So, can anyone give me a hint what the correct event would be to update cfg?
Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
David