[vlc-devel] Alsa downmixing 6 channels to 2 channels in 2.0.1

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 08:07:55 CEST 2012

Folks,

I have vlc 1.1.12 as well as vlc 2.0.1 installed on my Ubuntu box.

When I run vlc 1.1.12 and play a file, I get all six channel output as expected.

However, when I play vlc 2.0.1, the debug log says:

alsa audio output debug: downmixing from 6 to 2 channels.

The following forum message mentions that a bug was fixed in 2.0.1:

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=98167

However, I am still getting this problem in 2.0.1.

I am wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what could be wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter