[vlc-devel] httplive.c: Improvement for Prefetch function?
korbel85 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 22:13:52 CEST 2012
Prefetch function downloads 2 segments before playback start to avoid
stalling (see http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/5197).
- unneeded delay for fast connection
- doesn't solve the problem completely
add option for number of segments to prefetch (e.g.
--sout-hls-prefetchnum) with minimum set to 1 (must download first
segment at least).
- can start playback faster (not very faster but still)
- for really slow connection can download more than 2 segments before
playback starts (increase time before inevitable stall)
- another option in vlc :) (not necessarily bad thing)
I'm eager to write patch for this if you agree that such option might
be handful. Please comment.
More information about the vlc-devel