[vlc-devel] How to link a module with static library?

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 23:25:25 CEST 2012

Folks,

I have created a new module under video filters. this module has to be staticly linked
with a library named libmycore.a. This library file is in the same directory as the module.

I modified Modules.am and added the following lines:

libmytest_plugin_la_SOURCES = MyTest.cpp
libmytest_plugin_la_CPPFLAGS = $(AM_CPPFLAGS) -I$(HOME)/Dev/Include
libmytest_plugin_la_LIBADD = $(AM_LIBADD) -lmycore
libmytest_plugin_la_DEPENDENCIES =
EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES += libmytest_plugin.la

When built, although my .so file gets created, the linker simply ignores mycore library. As a result, I get a runtime error
and the .so file does not get loaded within vlc.

I am wondering what is it that I am not doing correctly.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter