[vlc-devel] libgcrypt problem during cross-compiling VLC for Windows on Linux

Sankha Narayan Guria sankha93 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 09:05:00 CEST 2012

Hi,
   I am having problem building VLC for WIndows on Linux. I have Ubuntu
12.04 and I have followed the steps listed in the wiki. I get the following
error when building:

configure: error: libgcrypt version 1.1.94 or higher not found. Install
libgcrypt or use --disable-libgcrypt. Have a nice day.

But when I attach the option --disable-libgcrypt I get the following error:

configure: error: libgcrypt is required for update checking system

But I am able to build VLC for Linux on my system. Please help me on how
should I go about building VLC for Windows?

Thanks,
Sankha Narayan Guria