[vlc-devel] [RFC] Bounties for VLC

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Sat Aug 11 22:46:47 CEST 2012

Hello,

Le 2012-08-10 17:38, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have computed a list of bounties from important and/or annoying
> issues/shortcoming of VLC and libVLC, that you can find on our wiki:
> http://wiki.videolan.org/Bounties#List_of_bounties
>
> This is a Work In Progress list. Some of those will get removed, some
> will be added. And the numbers are clearly NOT valid.
>
> I need a bit of feedback to get a more definitive list (to be acted at
> VDD) and some ideas about prices, because frankly some items are hard to
> guess...

Thanks, I think it is a good base that we have now.

I'd like to add some rules to the bounty program:
- require people to contact us before working on the task so we can e.g.
validate the bounty amount and needed work.
- when that's done, assign the bounty to that person so there is no
competition going on (that would require a deadline? one month?)

Does it sound well?