[vlc-devel] [RFC] Bounties for VLC

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Aug 14 17:32:45 CEST 2012

Le mardi 14 août 2012 13:46:09 Steinar H. Gunderson, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 01:39:27PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > To be clear, I think the stream output needs a full-time software (and
> > test) engineer. VideoLAN does not have that kind of money.
>
> Fair enough. The buffer management is a client-side only feature, though,
> but it requires delving deep into the bowels of the clock algorithm...

IMHO, you don't want to use bounty hunters for something as critical as that.
There would be a huge risk that the guy/gal "implements" whatever feature the
bounty says, then runs away with the money. And who gets to maintain the
resulting code and fix the regressions?

C/C++ software engineer looking for a job
http://www.linkedin.com/in/remidenis