[vlc-devel] pthread issue on OS X Mountain Lion

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:07:59 CEST 2012

Hello guys,

David, Brendon and me discovered a race condition when closing an ES on OSX Mountain Lion in the last couple of days (trac #7320).

Rémi helped me to track down the issue to a faulty pthread implementation. Therefore, it isn't surprising that this issue doesn't occur on earlier releases with a fixed runtime.

Anyway, as part of our Mac Developer Membership at Apple, we get 2 free technical support incidents per year (which don't accumulate but expire by the end of each year). I'd like to use one of these for this matter to get it resolved in reasonable time.

Anyone against this move?

Best regards,

Felix