[vlc-devel] VLC compile error for ios

Måns Rullgård mans at mansr.com
Thu Aug 16 14:01:51 CEST 2012

KC-gmail <chenkc2010 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> 	I checkout the latest vlc code from git for iOS, and get a error during compile process.
>
> 	The error is like that:
>
> 	ld: 'non_lazy_ptr' in /Users/fuzhicompany/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MobileVLC-ejeflyaepdxdmkdyusldcgvkbqhz/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libMobileVLCKit.a(libdeinterlace_plugin_la-deinterlace.o) contains undefined reference for architecture armv7
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Undefined non_lazy_ptr means a non-function-call external reference
can't be resolved.  It would of course be more helpful if it printed the
name of the undefined symbol.

modules/video_filter/deinterlace/deinterlace.c refers to some functions
from merge_arm.S in the same directory.  These functions are defined
without the leading underscore required on ios, so the linker doesn't
find them.  From a quick look around, this seems to be a problem in
other assembly sources as well, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree
here.

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com