[vlc-devel] how to include a qt .cpp and .h file in vlc source tree and use along

fayyaz lodhi fayyazkl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 06:46:16 CET 2012

I am basically trying to add functionality to vlc and have tried including
QNetworkaccessManager but wasn't successful so far.

My needs are to add http file download at a certain point in vlc.

The default qt open source installation comes with a sample example http
download module located at

../qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/examples/network/http

I copied this whole folder into vlc/modules/gui/qt4/ and tried creating an
object of this class from vlc's OpenDialog.

I did rebuild (make) the qt4 component but don't seem to be successful in
including these files.

I manually included the httpwindow.cpp file from the above example in the
qt4 make file, but no success yet.

Could some one please provide some guidelines into including a .cpp and .h
file into vlc ui?

Thanks,
Fayyaz