[vlc-devel] [RFC] sub-uri option

mirsal mirsal at mirsal.fr
Wed Dec 26 08:09:27 CET 2012

Hello :)

I'm working on subtitles support for the UPnP SD module[0] and I need a
way to load subtitles using an arbitrary access module (always HTTP in
practice, actually) using an input option.

The current input code seems to only provide an option for loading
subtitles off the filesystem[1], though, while being perfectly capable
of loading them using other access modules.

Would it be correct to add a :sub-uri option (or something along those
lines) in order to support that use case ?
Would the security implications of such an option be problematic ?
Is there a better way to support loading subtitles from an arbitrary
access module ?

Thanks !
best,

[0]