[vlc-devel] how to include qnetwork library to qt in vlc source

fayyaz lodhi fayyazkl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 18:08:42 CET 2012

I am modifying vlc source to use some additional modules from qt library
such as qnetwork. By default it only includes qtcore and gui.

The standard way to include these components is to add to qmake .pro file
i.e. QT+=network

However, i am not able to locate some thing similar in vlc git source code.
I went through modules.am files but couldn't find the libraries specified
any where.

The only possible manual way for me so far was to add a line to
each occurrence in the make file located at

modules/gui/Makefile like this

-I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui  -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork

LIBS_qt4 =   -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lQtGui -lQtCore  -lQtNetwork -lm

this of course is gone with every recompile and has to be manually done
again.

Is there a better way?

Thanks