[vlc-devel] Infinite loop with playlist.

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 20:23:37 CET 2012

Folks,

I have created a playlist that contains two jpg images, one .mpg file and one .mp4 file. When I run vlc with this playlist, the jpg files and the mpg file display ok. On the mp4 file, the screen just goes blank. I am running vlc -vvv option. The VLC log quickly grows to 500M in a few minutes. The file is filled with the following lines:

qt4 debug: Qt4: Fullscreen state changed
qt4 debug: Qt: Quitting Fullscreen
qt4 debug: Qt4: Fullscreen state changed
qt4 debug: Qt: Entering Fullscreen
qt4 debug: Qt4: Fullscreen state changed
qt4 debug: Qt: Quitting Fullscreen

It appears that VLC is going into an infiite loop.

The mp4 file when played directly works just fine.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter