[vlc-devel] Another attempt to fix audio loss when seeking in mkv with high caching duration

Denis Charmet typx at dinauz.org
Thu Feb 2 02:22:55 CET 2012

This is another workaround to fix #5165 this one affects neither libvlc nor the pts/dts of the blocks, it abuses the fact that only the first block is tested as preroll data so we won't drop 7 blocks out of 8 during buffering.
Of course it also means that only the first block will be marked as preroll if it's too early but the demux already discards those blocks.
To be safer we could add a test in es_out.c like "if block is preroll data then test the next ones".
While I don't really expect it to be applied, I'd still like to suggest this option.

Now any comment will be appreciated.

Regards,

--
Denis Charmet - TypX