[vlc-devel] Video filter - picture_t versus subpicture_t

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Sat Feb 4 17:43:00 CET 2012

Hi,

On 02/03/2012 11:48 PM, Antoine Cellerier wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2012, Peter Tap wrote:
>> 2. In general, what are the steps to create a picture and merge it with
>> the existing picture?
> Code-wise the simplest way is to create a subpicture filter (which seems
> to be call subpicture source nowadays).

About the rename, I recall there was a discussion on the list. Someone
needed to create a filter that changes existing subpictures, and this
filter type should be distinguished from filters which create new
subpictures (i.e. the traditional subpicture filters; hence, subpicture
sources).

I'm thinking the subpicture filtering capability would be useful for the
Phosphor deinterlacer, too (to process also the subtitles!), if it's
possible to automatically link the filters (so that starting up the
"main" filter also starts up the linked one). I haven't looked into this
yet.

 -J