[vlc-devel] videolan.org translation

Jan jan0286 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:51:40 CET 2012

[16:06:12] <Jan\> what should be translated is the main site videolan.org
[16:07:55] <funman> Jan\: http://www.videolan.org/support/faq.html "Why are
your mailing-lists and your website in english?"
[16:10:50] <ssdoria> Jan\: and funman: I'm talking to Xtophe about this for
years. A possible solutions would be main sites translated, but if any
translated site is outdated (a shell script can test that), the webserver
can point to the english version or show a warning,
[16:11:16] <Jan\> yes that would work
[16:11:25] <Jan\> or, use auto translators
[16:11:30] <Jan\> like google
[16:11:54] <Jan\> like, provide the link atleast, some people don't even
know it exists
[16:12:05] <funman> Jan\: ah it's a good idea
[16:12:14] <funman> Jan\: write about it to vlc-devel
[16:16:39] <ssdoria> Jan\, funman: Last time I was talking about it to
Xtophe, I said that approx. 1/3 of translators are so efficient in keep vlc
100% translated that probably the site will be well translated in those
languages too. And this is relevante, because of the specific languages
that are up to date. In terms of # of people, these translations reach a
significant % of the population!