[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] dxva2: sort Microsoft and extension GUIDs

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Feb 6 19:54:39 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 01:49:04PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> Le 2012-02-06 13:40, Rafaël Carré a écrit :

> >> There were sorted by codec, for a reason...
> >> This is now more difficult to see at a quick glance.
> >
> > I missed the sorting, I will see if I can make it better
>
> Both Microsoft and proprietary extensions appear to still be sorted.

First, speaking of proprietary extension has no sense as those are just
GUID and the spec of DxVA was done in this sense.
Moreover, how do you call DXVA2_ModeVC1_D2010 ? It is an update of the
official spec. This has nothing to do with an vendor extension, like you
did.
Then, people like Intel, used different GUID because they did things a
bit differently (Grain, MoComp and such)
Finally, it was done so all are grouped by codecs. Now it is just a
mess...

Sorry, to me, this commit makes absolutely no sense.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734