[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] dxva2: sort Microsoft and extension GUIDs

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Feb 6 20:01:17 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 01:56:20PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> I did not see this one on MSDN

It is. As are all of the main DxVA extensions.

> > Then, people like Intel, used different GUID because they did things a
> > bit differently (Grain, MoComp and such)
> > Finally, it was done so all are grouped by codecs. Now it is just a
> > mess...
> >
> > Sorry, to me, this commit makes absolutely no sense.
>
> I will add the GUIDs present on MSDN in dxva2api.h I thought it was
> clear from my previous mail on mingw-w64, sorry.

Sorry, but integrating mingw-w64 is great and the way to go... But
butchering our code makes no sense.
GUID for DxVA should be grouped, so that when we find a new one for one
codec, we put it in the right section and we can compare quickly if it
is not the same under a new name.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf