[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove allocine french-only extension

Sidney Doria ssdoria at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 20:37:29 CET 2012

Guys,

I use pt_BR localized VLC and everything related with Allociné is in
french (menu, dialogs, error messages, results). I do agree: Allociné
is an extension for specific language(s), so in my opinion, due to VLC
be a world-wide intended software, the best solution is keep it as an
extension. To see in another perspective, if you look on the usability
optics, a chinese or a brazilian that is using (a localized) VLC is
seeing a useless component, in a foreing language (even english is a
dificulty in 3rd world). So, the user deserves read something like
"don't touch here, it's only for France" in the local language OR
deserves to see "nothing" in a foreing language.

Sidney Doria
pt_BR translator