[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Add lua console handling code for windows.

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Wed Feb 8 12:34:24 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 11:47:13 +0100, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>
> wrote:
> >> This fixes the lua command line interface under windows. Adding all
> >> those special cases in the host abstraction layer doesn't seem optimal
> >> but at least it works. I'll probably try cleaning it up later.
>
> And Windows-specific code in LUA script is not acceptable either IMNSHO.

Timeouts are unfortunately required to have working concurrent socket
based and console interfaces on Windows. If there were a clean solution
I'd gladly use it. There isn't. Now if people don't care that the lua
command line interface doesn't work on Windows I can just revert this
commit ... but please stop bitching about the fact that it doesn't work
on windows (that wasn't aimed at you Rémi).

Just to be clear:
Socket only mode or unix with console of course does not use any timeout.

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea