[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Qt: hack for extraintf to select http, cli or telnet

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Feb 9 05:32:45 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 03:18:21AM +0100, Pierre Ynard wrote :
> > Qt: hack for extraintf to select http, cli or telnet
>
> I can understand that you'd want to keep around the telnet interface in
> order not to confuse users with its disappearance, but it was called
> "VLM remote control interface" in 1.1. Also, the lua CLI is broken on
> windows. I think it's a bad idea to put a big checkbox for something
> that won't work.

To be honest, I don't really care. The annoying part was mainly the
difficulty to activate the HTTP interface. The telnet one seems to work,
so I don't see why not having it, even after a name change.
For the console, do as you wish, but it might matter for Linux users.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734