[vlc-devel] Compiling the new contribs

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Tue Feb 14 11:57:38 CET 2012

On 14/02/12 12:33, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:05:25 +0200, Juha Jeronen <juha.jeronen at jyu.fi>
> wrote:
>> as a real-world solution I'd prefer to compile only those
>> libraries that are missing (or too old) in Debian squeeze (stable).)
> That's pretty much what the NEW contribs does out of the box...

Ah! I see :)

I'll add this note to the wiki. Reading that would have encouraged me to
simply try it out in the first place instead of banging my head on the
proverbial wall ;)

I think it would also be useful to add a few lines to the beginning of
the contrib README containing compilation instructions (basically a
cut-down version of what is on the wiki), or at least a link where to
find them? Or is it better if the README is intended only for developers
of new contribs? What's your opinion?

 -J