[vlc-devel] Configure error

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Feb 16 09:14:50 CET 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 02:20:55 -0200, Ismael Luceno
<ismael.luceno at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:00:07 -0500
> Edward Wang <edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com> wrote:
>> On 12-02-15 06:54 PM, Ismael Luceno wrote:
>> >    CCLD   libtrivial_channel_mixer_plugin.la
>> > arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++:
>> > error: ../../src/.libs/libvlccore.so: No such file or directory
>> > make[5]: *** [libspatializer_plugin.la] Error 1 make[5]: *** Waiti
>> Hmm, perhaps uclibc is unable to support VLC
>> (arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++) and its use of shared libraries.
>
> It doesn't makes much sense. First, because it does compile static
> libraries fine (with --disable-vlc), second, because many other
> packages produce shared libraries without problem.
>
> Now I'm wondering what could be different about VLC, especially since
> I'm using the same toolchain for all the packages... there must be
> something different on the VLC buildsystem, I guess.

Nothing particular. VLC uses libtool for shared libraries and standard
dlfcn.h functions for plugins.

µClibc has a long history of bugs and non-adherance to POSIX that can
cause all kinds of problems when compiling VLC.

http://www.remlab.net/