[vlc-devel] how to achieve the video data

Kaarlo Räihä kaarlo.raiha at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 12:53:25 CET 2012

19. helmikuuta 2012 13.45 xiaoming chen <timchen.xiaoming at gmail.com>kirjoitti:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a newer with vlc. Now I want to do some image processing from remote
> videos using rtsp protocol. How can I achieve every image data from the
> stream? Any suggestions?

If you want to save every frame as separate image, then you would use scene
video filter. (well it can miss some frames)
http://wiki.videolan.org/How_to_create_thumbnails

If you want to process the images via memory by using your self made
software, then you use vmem video output.
http://wiki.videolan.org/LibVLC_SampleCode_SDL