[vlc-devel] Solved - Remote control does not work when VLC is spawned as a child process

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 10:01:41 CET 2012

Folks,

A few days ago, I had posted about not able to get vlc's remote control functionality to work on a spawned process. After debugging through vlc code, what I finally discovered was that vlc requires parameter "rc-fake-tty" to be set to 1.

Unfortunately, it appears you cannot pass rc-fake-tty as a command line parameter. The only way to make it work is to set it in vlc's configuration file.

Hopefully, others will find this useful.

Regards,
Peter