[vlc-devel] implicit declaration of function 'vout_vaControl'

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:29:40 CET 2012

2012/2/21 Nerijus Baliūnas <nerijus at users.sourceforge.net>:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile vlc 2.0.0 on Fedora 16:
>
> opencv_wrapper.c: In function 'Control':
> opencv_wrapper.c:172:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'vout_vaControl'
> [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> opencv_wrapper.c:172:34: error: 'vout_thread_t' has no member named 'p_sys'

There is a patch needed for newer opencv that is already bundled in
the RPM Fusion source package.
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/source/SRPMS/vlc-2.0.0-0.9_rc1.fc17.src.rpm
http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/rpms/vlc/devel/vlc-1.1.8-bugfix.opencv22.patch?revision=1.1&root=free&view=markup
I still don't know how to forward it here as opencv does't provide an
easy way to check for an api version, exept with trying to compile it.
Once that said I don't know if it wouldn't be better to bump the
requirement of a newer opencv.

Sorry but I lack time to update to 2.0.0, specially as I'm working on
updating ffmpeg/x264/fame dependencies and F-17 branching.
I plan to update for F-17 and next F-16.

You will need to disable libbluray as even in F-16 this library is
outdated. (I'm pressuring to have it updated from the fedora package
maintainer).

If you can help with providing a spec update, please consider forward
it to me using https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org
Thx

Nicolas (kwizart)